ABC Brick Sales Pty Ltd ATF ABC Brick Sales Trust (trading as Bricks Blocks Pavers Online) is committed to effectively managing the collection, storage, use and disclosure of personal information for the purpose of our business activities in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
What information do we collect?
- Bricks Blocks Pavers Online collects information from you when you register on the site, place an order, enter a contest or sweepstakes, respond to a survey or communication such as e-mail, participate in another site feature or provide other related services to you.
- When ordering or registering, we may ask you for your name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information or other information. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
- Where practical and lawful, you may deal with us anonymously or via the use of a pseudonym.
- We also collect information about gift recipients so that we can fulfill the gift purchase. The information we collect about gift recipients is not used for marketing purposes.
- Like many websites, we use "cookies" to enhance your experience and gather information about visitors and visits to our websites. Please refer to the "Do we use 'cookies'?" section below for information about cookies and how we use them.
If you do not provide this information to us, we may be prevented or delayed from providing our services to you.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, purchase products, enter a contest or promotion, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To personalize your site experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- If you have opted-in to receive our e-mail newsletter, we may send you periodic e-mails. If you would no longer like to receive promotional e-mail from us, please refer to the "How can you opt-out, remove or modify information you have provided to us?" section below. If you have not opted-in to receive e-mail newsletters, you will not receive these e-mails. Visitors who register or participate in other site features such as marketing programs and 'members-only' content will be given a choice whether they would like to be on our e-mail list and receive e-mail communications from us.
How do we protect visitor information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information to protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. When you place orders or access your personal information, we offer the use of a secure server. All sensitive/credit information you supply is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our databases to be only accessed as stated above.
Do we use "cookies"?
We may contract with third-party service providers to assist us in better understanding our site visitors. These service providers are not permitted to use the information collected on our behalf except to help us conduct and improve our business.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (like Netscape Navigator or Internet Explorer) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you turn cookies off, you won't have access to many features that make your site experience more efficient and some of our services will not function properly. However, you can still place orders over the telephone by contacting customer service.
Do we disclose the information we collect to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information unless we provide you with advance notice, except as described below. The term "outside parties" does not include Bricks Blocks Pavers Online. It also does not include website hosting partners and other parties, including those who may be based overseas, who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others' rights, property, or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Before disclosing personal information to overseas parties, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that the overseas recipient does not breach the Australian Privacy Principles in relation to the information. If we use a cloud-based service to store and process personal information, such a service may use a server hosted overseas to store data including your personal information. In some, but not all situations, we can be held responsible for any failure by an overseas recipient to comply with the Australian Privacy Principles in relation to your information. If in the future we do adopt cloud based technology, this policy will be updated with further information about how that may affect you.
How can you opt-out, remove or modify information you have provided to us?
To modify your e-mail subscriptions, please let us know by modifying your preferences in the "My Account" section. Please note that due to email production schedules you may receive any emails already in production.
To delete all of your online account information from our database, sign into the "My Account" section of our site and remove your shipping addresses, billing addresses & payment information. Please note that we may maintain information about an individual sales transaction in order to service that transaction and for record keeping.
Third party links
In an attempt to provide you with increased value, we may include third party links on our site. These linked sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these linked sites (including if a specific link does not work).
Changes to our policy
Accessing and correcting your personal information
We take reasonable steps to ensure the personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
Please contact us if you wish to access or correct any personal information we hold about you. We will respond to your request within a reasonable period of time,
If we no longer need the personal information that we hold about you, we will destroy or de-identify it.
Questions, feedback and complaints
We welcome your questions, comments, and concerns about privacy.
Please send us any and all feedback pertaining to privacy, or any other issue.
If you believe we have not adhered to the Australian Privacy Principles, please contact us. If you are not satisfied with the outcome of your complaint, you may refer your complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner by calling 1300 363 992 or by visiting the website at www.oaic.gov.au.
Terms and Conditions
Please also visit our Terms and Conditions section establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our website.
All prices on this website are processed in Australian Dollars ($AUD)
Copyright © 2014 Bricks Blocks Pavers Online. All rights reserved.